LibC status and others...

Dave Leimbach leimySPAM2k at mac.com
Wed Dec 10 16:57:23 PST 2003

ibotty <bsd at xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> ibotty wrote:
>
> >> Ok so where the hell is _pw_passwd declared?
>
> well, you said declared...
>
> (do not post, when you are too tired... ;)

Heh yeah... :)  I totally wasn't expecting it to be global data to the file
as if I wrote code that way I'd probably have gotten fired a long time ago. :)

I don't think this actually can be made thread safe "for real" the way it is
as a result.  All I have to do is have two different threads calling
getpwnam and getpwnam_r simultaneously to clobber the other.

It needs a re-write but your patch will allow KDE to compile... I don't
know that it will work though... time will tell.

Also I think the parameter list in the .h file should be
const char *, struct passwd *, char *, size_t, struct passwd **.

not

const char *, struc pwent *...

Dave