bash me, if you like

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 9 14:13:53 PST 2003

:> 	if ( $shell == "/bin/tcsh" || $shell == "/usr/local/bin/tcsh" ) then
:> 	    set prompt = "%m:%/%# "
:> 	    set symlinks = expand
:> 	    bindkey "^W" backward-delete-word
:
:This one, I am not sure what it does.

    I didn't mean to include that one.

:> 	    bindkey -k up history-search-backward
:> 	    bindkey -k down history-search-forward
:
:Both of them work by default on FreeBSD in root account (csh), but I am
:not sure for sh thought. I am using zsh on the users account, of course
:and it does has this feature on by default, I think.
:
:Cheers,
:Mezz

    Huh.  So it does.  They changed the default.  And it looks like
    the DFly tcsh uses that as default too.  I wonder when that change
    was made!

    Wow, well, I guess I don't have to change a blessed thing!