Failure to boot and dead processes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Dec 7 10:09:29 PST 2003

:Actually, I have fixed almost every issue on the list.  I built a kernel
:without ACPI, and no hung processes, every boot completes, and rebooting
:works properly.  The X Server crashing was due to the 855 chipset not
:supported by AGP, but using the PCI IDs from here and merging some more
:changes from FreeBSD5, it works, including DRI with the
:XFree86-4-Server-snap.  I want to try to add AGP 8x from FreeBSD 5 and
:then send off the patch.  Also, there are a lot of PCI ID's that can be
:added to the ac97 code without any other modification I think.  I have
:most of the 20031203 ACPI code merged also, so I'm going to see if I can
:get that working also.
:
:-Craig

    Great!  Post the patch to submit or email it to me when you feel
    confident, and I'll review and commit it (probably in piecemeal since
    it sounds like it's getting big).