Make Buildworld Fails

Michael Powell testuser at workstation.zip
Mon Dec 1 07:44:05 PST 2003

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

[snip]

> It may be my feeble understanding of cvsup at work, but having "*default
> release=cvs tag=." in the cvsup file should get you the final code so that
> you don't have to check it out.  I'll have to retry these steps again.

        Yes, that's what I was thinking as well which is why I omitted the
cvs step. But on the download page there is a line "Once downloaded, you
can check out the sourcebase using cvs.". Kind of makes me wonder if I
missed a step. I'll try it and see if it makes a difference.

        More than likely what has happened is that I've got a witches'
cauldron of src. I started with an ftp from ~/src and then did a cvsup in
order to upgrade the ftp'd code to the newer stuff. I suspect this is my
problem, and if after trying the cvs checkout step doesn't work I'm just
going to wipe the /usr/src and start all over again.

        Thanks!