Register keyword removal

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Aug 7 11:41:50 PDT 2003

    Philosophically one must ask the question "Should the code be left
    that way forever?".  I would argue that keeping a code base up to modern
    norms is important.  While an argument can be made for drivers that
    are still being actively maintained by third parties, I do not subscribe
    to the idea of just blindly applying patch sets.  Any kernel-integrated
    driver update must be carefully examined no matter what, so I suppose
    you could think of this divergence as enforcing a higher level of
    consideration and thought on the person doing the update.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

: