sys/ tree re-structuring proposal

Hiten Pandya hmp at nxad.com
Thu Aug 7 03:58:07 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 06:17:30PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :Have you considered giving subversion a test-run?  It works pretty much
> :just like cvs from a command line interface, but actually lets you do
> :versioned moves and that sort of thing.  If you're interested I can
> :convert the current cvs tree to an svn tree and put it online for people
> :to try out.
> :
> :-wd
> :--
> :chip norkus; renaissance hacker;                wd at xxxxxxxx
>
>     No.  The actual repository work is the easy part.  Rewiring the build
>     system and Makefile's is the hard part.

	IMHO, when we get some timer after finishing most of the kernel
	work, we need to redo the Makefile system, so it is a little
	more flexible.

	Also, we would want to make our network tree flexilble, in the
	sense, you can pull out or push in (via a moduler approach) any
	network protocol/interface we don't like on the fly.

	And things like IRQ affinity, Binding specific processes to one
	or a range of CPUs, and nifty thing.... :-)

	Secondly, I have written a TODO system, which uses XML+XSL that
	has support for sub-taks, and assigning owner/status to
	sub-tasks etc.  I will finish it once I am back from .de.

	Cheers.

--
Hiten M. Pandya
hmp at xxxxxxxxxxx, hmp at xxxxxxxx