new sysinstall

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Aug 31 11:41:50 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Woa.  That was weird.  Sorry about the From: line.  In anyacse,
    when I posted the 'sh' idea I totally forgot that we have php4
    available, and some truely powerful things can be done in php4.

    I believe that the actual backend control... installation of rc
    variables, starting and restarting subsystems, and so forth, should
    still be done by the RCNG scripts.  The more I think about it though
    the more I like the idea of using PHP4, Apache, Lynx and/or a graphical
    browser as the basis for the user installation code.
	This sounds like a really good idea.  It opens up a whole new
	world of possibilities for configuring a system.  Infact, if
	possible, we could also shove in VNC viewer to make the whole
	experience snazzy. :-)
	On the side note, I have a lot of experience with PHP+XML so
	I am sure I can lend in a hand somewhere...
	Thanks.

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx