Hammer linux port (was: Re: SVN vs. GIT)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 25 10:16:27 PDT 2009

:
:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:> :Stöckert András wrote:
:> :> As I looked at them, it seems that GIT is the popular new kid on the
:> :> block, but it has some interesting features, so it isn't only the hype. We
:> :> should make a test GIT repo, and see how it works. I give my vote to GIT.
:> :
:> :Yep, I also think that GIT is worth a try, but you may also try
:> :git-svn (Accessing Subversion repositories using GIT).
:> :
:> :Regards,
:> :Sylwester
:>
:>     This poor hammer@ list.  Most of the discussion is still occuring
:>     on our kernel list but hammer@ will eventually pick up some steam.
:
:Yes it will.  My student Daniel just started working on the port to Linux!  I guess he will soon hail a hello and post a link to his blog of the port.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    Simon, I could use your help setting up the HAMMER-only GIT repo such
    that we can cross sync between it and the hammer stuff in DragonFly's
    repo.  Is that easy to do?

					<dillon at backplane.com>