ipfw3 check-state doesn't work

Nima Azizzadeh n.azizzadeh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 01:18:55 PST 2019

Hello,
We are working on a project that includes DragonFlyBSD and IPFW3. On this
phase of project we are trying to test all features. Based on official
DragonFlyBSD documents(https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/ipfw3/) for using
stateful firewall and checking every traffic state, we must use "ipfw3 add
check-state" rule. When I use the syntax I got this error :
# ipfw3 add check-state
ipfw3: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument

I'm not sure, there is bug here or some documentation mistakes! I would be
appreciate If someone can help us to sort it out. We hardly need this major
feature and we look forward for your responses!

Kindly Regards...