out of date information in handbook about sshd

Rafal bluszcz Zawadzki bluszcz at jabberpl.org
Fri Jan 8 02:50:53 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 11:35:31AM +0100, Sascha Wildner wrote:
> Am 08.01.2010 10:14, schrieb Rafal bluszcz Zawadzki:
>> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 09:19:46PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>>>
>>> :On Thu, January 7, 2010 12:47 am, Rafal bluszcz Zawadzki wrote:
>>> :
>>> :>  1. sshd needs to provide full path
>>> :>  2. there weren't generated sshs keys
>>> :
>>> :Did you perhaps change your shell?  Typing "sshd" works for me.
>>
>> No, I didn't change anything - defaul vanillia install.
>>
>>> :What do you mean about the ssh keys?  The system keys will be generated on
>>> :boot, when sshd is run by rc.conf.
>>>
>>>      sshd does indeed need a full path to run.  Some shells might provide
>>>      it.  tcsh doesn't.
>>>
>>>      /etc/ssh/ssh_host_{rsa,dsa}_key[.pub] are required for sshd to run.
>>>      they aren't generated automatically.
>>
>> It was clean install before first boot. I am attaching screenshot.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> Can you try 'rcstart sshd' instead of trying to run sshd yourself?

For now I think It will be working because I started using it normally.

Test on vanillia unrebooted installation - I can make it tomorrow, for
now I don't have time/space to make another installation.

However, I hope nobody misunderstand me. I didn't write that there are
problems with sshd in DragonFly BSD. I mentioned only, that at some
point documentation can road to misunderstanding - it was my case.

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/handbook/handbook-openssh/ - I don't
see any information about need to make reboot after installation to make
it working.

After reboot it works, simply.

--
 (  ,)(  ) ( )( )/ __)(_  )/ _)(_  )(/     http://my.jabberpl.org    \)