Hammer documentation

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Jul 16 12:26:25 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Yah.  We only need one 'man hammer'.  The idea is that someone running
    DragonFly wants to know what HAMMER is, so they type 'man hammer'
    just on the off chance there might be a manual page, and poof, they
    get a nice introduction.
Maybe I was not clear before. This is not possible, since our hammer
utility is named 'hammer' too and therefore hammer(8) already occupies
the 'man hammer' slot.

We can't really do anything about this anymore, unless you agree to
rename the utility to something else.

I will, however, add a pointer to the file system intro at the start of
the hammer(8) manpage so that people know about hammer(5) too.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx