Handbook dewikification --> d.docs

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Mar 29 09:20:16 PST 2005

Sascha Wildner wrote:

Bill Hacker wrote:

But everything I have done so far is in the 'Wikified Handbook'

Great work by the way. :) I like the

"Naturally, you will need to first 'cd /' and be on the root file system
for this command to work. 'Fred' can hover in mid-air. Sysadmins need a
place to sit."

part. :)

LOL!   - Thanks!  And you'll have to guess how
many times I have overlooked that when
tired or in a hurry, 'coz I ain't 'fessin' up!

- how best to re-sync that with the 'non-Wikified' Handbook?

Good question, actually. Still hoping that Wikimedia comes up with
something functional to convert their Wiki markup to docbook.
I wouldn't hold my breath - docbook seems to be the baby
being thrown out with the bathwater these days.
The XML
export currently available is rather useless.
XML in general reminds me of PL1.
. ..."Seemed like a good idea at the time."
But I think we should have a review / approval step in between.
It is dead-easy to collaborate change/change again on the Wiki,
less so moving into docbook - at least 'at a distance'.
Although, someone on IRC mentioned that there are docbook Wikis as well.
And 'all of the above' modularity (Zope/Plone) -
but I think the one you have is 'fit for the purpose'.
No point in spending too much time on the trappings.

Lemme go see what docbook tools are around....

Bill