git: vkernel - Fix FP corruption in VMX/EPT mode
dillon at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Mon Oct 10 10:29:24 PDT 2016
Author: Matthew Dillon <dillon at backplane.com>
Date: Mon Oct 10 10:22:12 2016 -0700
vkernel - Fix FP corruption in VMX/EPT mode
* Properly invalidating the EPT TLB cache when it potentially becomes
* When destroying a VMX context, make sure the EPT TLB cache has been
invalidated for that context as a safety.
* Fix a bug in vmx_vminit() where it was losing track of the currently
* Setup the VMX to clear the host CR0_TS, and the host makes sure the FP
state is correct prior to vmlaunch.
* Make sure the GUEST_CR0's CR0_TS reflects the vkernel says it should
* The vkernel has a choice of asking the guest user context to #NM fault
on FP use or not. Both mechanics work, but its probably better for it
to ensure that the FP state is valid and tell the user context to not
fault. However, this commit makes sure that both mechanics work.
* Document why we shouldn't vmclear the old current context when loading
a different context.
* Cleanup some of the vkernel's pmap handling. This isn't perfect and
probably needs to be rewritten (we need a more powerful guest pmap
adjustment system call to properly synchronize changes). For now
we try to avoid races against detecting the (M)odified flag by clearing
the RW flag first.
Summary of changes:
sys/platform/pc64/vmm/vmx.c | 131 ++++++++++++++++++---------
sys/platform/pc64/vmm/vmx.h | 2 +
sys/platform/vkernel64/platform/pmap.c | 7 +-
sys/platform/vkernel64/platform/pmap_inval.c | 25 +++--
sys/platform/vkernel64/x86_64/mp.c | 4 +-
sys/platform/vkernel64/x86_64/trap.c | 17 +++-
6 files changed, 125 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository
More information about the Commits