git: sbin/hammer: Add full mode for hammer recover to revive full scan
tkusumi at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Sat Dec 10 05:49:46 PST 2016
Author: Tomohiro Kusumi <kusumi.tomohiro at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 10 15:21:00 2016 +0900
sbin/hammer: Add full mode for hammer recover to revive full scan
This commit revives the original full scan recovery by adding full
option, after the previous commit introduced offset limit.
Apparently, both full option and quick option can't be specified.
To summarize 3 modes,
1. default - Full scan, but only upto the last big-block being used.
2. full - Full scan, which scans the entire fs image with no limit.
3. quick - B-Tree only scan, plus associated records in other zones.
1. was introduced (by the previous commit) to fix a bug, as well as
to avoid irrelevant files.
2. was introduced (by this commit) to revive the original full scan
recovery behavior, which is by far the slowest, but most reliable
in terms of recovery except for the above bug.
3. was introduced (by e819b271) to speed up the recovery process,
provided B-Tree zone is not corrupted. This is the fastest.
Summary of changes:
sbin/hammer/cmd_recover.c | 20 +++++++++++++-------
sbin/hammer/hammer.8 | 11 +++++++++--
sbin/hammer/hammer.c | 2 +-
3 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository
More information about the Commits