cvs commit: src/gnu/lib/gcc41 src/gnu/lib/gcc41/libstdc++ Makefile

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at
Sat Jan 20 11:14:39 PST 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Here's a question for people... should we include gcc-4.1 binaries
    in the release ISO in addition to 3.4?  (i.e. compile nrelease with
    WANT_GCC41 set).
I was thinking about this.  I think this might be a good idea to switch WANT_GCC41 to NO_GCC41.

    My current inclination is to wait until we get 4.2 into the tree
    before changing the default build to compile it.  My expectation
    is that we will be wanting to officially switch to 4.2 sometime this
I think we shouldn't be too conservative about this.  Gcc 4.1.1 has a buch of fixes which did not go to gcc 3.4.  All major linux dists have switched to gcc 4.1.1, and seems other BSDs are going gcc 4.1 as well.

I personally would wait for gcc 4.2 to stabilize to 4.2.1 before switching to the 4.2 series.  This has already happened for 4.1.1, so I think it is safe to use.

Serve - BSD     +++  RENT this banner advert  +++    ASCII Ribbon   /"\
Work - Mac      +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /
Party Enjoy Relax   |      Against  HTML   \
Dude 2c 2 the max   !       Mail + News   / \
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: pgp00010.pgp
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 252 bytes
Desc: "Description: OpenPGP digital signature"
URL: <>

More information about the Commits mailing list