[DragonFlyBSD - Bug #2542] Kernel freezes for minutes at a time
Francois Tigeot via Redmine
bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sun Apr 7 23:45:44 PDT 2013
Issue #2542 has been updated by ftigeot.
This behavior was seen with 8 threads Xeon systems, with both i386 and amd64 DragonFly-3.4rc installations.
Bug #2542: Kernel freezes for minutes at a time
Running the new poudriere-devel 2.3_4 port makes the system freeze for minutes at a time after a while.
* This is not the case at first, poudriere has to run for at least one hour for this phenomenon to become visible
* Display is frozen in place, periodically refreshed widgets such as clocks stop moving
* Keyboard and mouse input is not processed but is handled after a few minutes when the system becomes operational again
* Launching big applications such as firefox is enough to make the system freeze
* "Warning: deep namecache recursion at (null)" messages are printed on the console
When the system becomes operational again, top(1) shows one cpu thread using 100% cpu (system time).
A core dump taken when the system is in this state will be made available.
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account
More information about the Bugs