[DragonFlyBSD - Bug #2360] Wishlist: virtio driver import
Venkatesh Srinivas via Redmine
bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Wed May 2 11:57:00 PDT 2012
Issue #2360 has been updated by Venkatesh Srinivas.
virtio and pci ===
- why is virtqueue_poll() spin-waiting on dequeueing something from a queue? Is this okay?
- vtballoon_alloc_page is not correct; we need to hold the kernel object, not the vm_token, around page allocation
- the entire balloon device would benefit from conversion to the vm_balloon framework; that is the approach I am using in my tree.
- get the real FreeBSD CVSID we this was imported from
- why is the disk id # in disk_ops '200'?
- are spinlocks truly the most appropriate lock for the virtio-blk device?
Bug #2360: Wishlist: virtio driver import
Author: Venkatesh Srinivas
Status: In Progress
Tim Bisson ported the FreeBSD virtio-bhyve drivers to DragonFly (https://github.com/bissont/virtio_bhyve). It'd be nice if we could import them into DragonFly.
I have started working on integration in the 'virtual' branch of my DragonFly tree:
x 1. Move drivers into appropriate location in source tree + rewrite makefiles
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account
More information about the Bugs