atimes of binaries not properly updated
dion.blazakis at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:54:09 PDT 2008
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Simon 'corecode' Schubert
<corecode at fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
> something is wrong with our atimes update:
> % stat -x `which mplayer`
> File: "/usr/pkg/bin/mplayer"
> Size: 21084730 FileType: Regular File
> Mode: (0555/-r-xr-xr-x) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ wheel)
> Device: 91,3 Inode: 579162 Links: 1
> Access: Fri May 2 01:00:44 2008
> Modify: Wed Apr 30 00:16:03 2008
> Change: Wed Apr 30 00:16:03 2008
> But I'm sure I watched MacGyver yesterday night, with mplayer. Maybe it was
> in the buffer cache since May 2nd and thus was not updated? Actually
> running mplayer right now (after reboot) does not update the atime either.
I took a look and it seems like bumping atime on a execve or mmap was
never done. The other BSDs and Linux _do_. I took a shot at a patch.
It is based on FBSD.
The patch against HEAD is at:
I wasn't sure if the atime update in mmap should happen further below
or not. Also, not sure if I had to mess with vnode locking in
kern_exec -- please let me know.
Ah, and I just thought that maybe our stat(2) man page should be
updated to add execve and mmap in the atime blurb.
> Serve - BSD +++ RENT this banner advert +++ ASCII Ribbon /"\
> Work - Mac +++ space for low â¬â¬â¬ NOW!1 +++ Campaign \ /
> Party Enjoy Relax | http://dragonflybsd.org Against HTML \
> Dude 2c 2 the max ! http://golden-apple.biz Mail + News / \
More information about the Bugs