an0: device timeout on x31
sepherosa at gmail.com
Sun May 18 02:17:32 PDT 2008
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Jost Tobias Springenberg
<jspringe at uos.de> wrote:
> unfortunately the system still freezes if i have traffic on the an0.
Do you mean even low rate traffic like ping?
> Tried to incorporate the patch into 12.1 release just to make sure it has nothing to do with
> latest changes but still the same problem remains.
> Could anyone give me a brief idea on how to track that freeze down ?
- write to IO registers when device is not initialized yet or when
device is powered off
- write to IO registers that do not exist
- Initialize RX/TX ring related IO registers, before RX/TX ring is initialized.
- RX/TX ring is not correctly initialized
- buffer is (wrongly) freed/trashed when device is doing DMA
Live Free or Die
More information about the Bugs