pkg update breaks pkg system

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:31:18 PST 2021

Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> Just a quick follow-up to my original report. PmWiki is not broken.
> However at this time almost all PmWiki skins
>
> https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Skins/Skins
>
> including the one I use (alike) are broken upstream and work only with
> PHP 7.2. It looks like the only option for me going forward is just to
> use the base. This is not DF issue.
>
> P^2

Just for people who care. I "fixed" my website by downgrading php to
php72

http://www.bagdala2.net/cdynsys/

It is not a correct fix. It is a band-aid. Namely, PmWiki from  Dports
will pull 2.2.126 which will work with PHP 7.4 but has broken skins.
My version is one of the older versions which was default one when I
migrated the site to DF server a few years ago.

The correct fix is to install manually 2.2.134 and fix the skins. The
only benefit of the PmWiki port is tracking dependencies. There is a
reason OpenBSD guys purged all such things from their ports tree many
years ago.

Best,
Predrag