DragonFly 5.8 released!

Pierre-Alain TORET pierre-alain.toret at protonmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:45:36 PST 2020

Hello,

thanks to all for this new release !

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday 3 March 2020 15:51, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:

> DragonFly 5.8 is released - here's the release page:
>

> https://www.dragonflybsd.org/release58/
>

> The normal ISO and IMG files are available for download and install,
> plus an uncompressed ISO image for those installing remotely.

For the record, if anyone is interested I've built 2 torrents files for the iso and img images.
They're available at : https://torrents.dragonflybsd.cccp.io
Any feedback appreciated.

> If you have an existing 5.x system and are running a generic kernel,
> the normal upgrade process will work. Change your local /usr/src to
> 5.8:
>

> > cd /usr/src

In case of the source tree having been created with make src-create-shallow, one needs the following additions in order to follow the rest of the instructions and be able to upgrade to 5.8

git fetch --unshallow
git config remote.origin.fetch "+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*"