Macbook Air 2017 (7,2) Support

Patrick McDonough ~patrick/dfly at awk.is
Mon Jun 29 09:31:27 PDT 2020

Howdy. I'm working on getting Dragonfly 5.8 running on a reasonably
recent Macbook Air (2017), with the intent to update the
DragonFlyOnLaptops page with something a touch newer. The only real
issues I've faced are audio and trackpad related, as I've skirted around
dealing with Broadocm wifi using a cheap adapter board.

Audio mostly works with snd_hda_load="YES" in loader.conf without
further configuration. However this is only on pcm2, which is the
headphone output. For speakers (pcm1) to work, I had to fiddle with the
gpio configuration.

sysctl dev.hdaa.1.gpio_config=0=set

Dandy. The trackpad less so.

I'm seeing seemingly random middle and right clicks when using the
trackpad. It only happens when the trackpad is in use - so using a USB
mouse alleviates the problem entirely. However within seconds of moving
the cursor using the trackpad, I'm accosted by either middle or right
click events.

My configuration is a default XFCE4 desktop on Xorg, with everything
installed through pkg. dbus, moused, and hald are the only additional
services enabled in my rc.conf.

If anyone has a clue, that would be great. Failing that - a link to the
man/code for the relevant subsystem handling the trackpad
(xorg-input-something? moused?) would be welcome.

Patrick