extfs4

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Wed Jan 1 17:56:57 PST 2020

On January 2, 2020 9:22:11 AM GMT+08:00, eightbitastronomy <eightbitastronomy at protonmail.com> wrote:
>Hello all. I'm very new to DragonFly, and have had a lot of hurdles to
>jump w.r.t. installing DragonFly as a dual boot with Linux (on a lenovo
>Thinkpad).

Thank you for trying DragonFlyBSD :)

> I have a slice formatted as extfs4 that I actively use as a
>home mount-point under linux, and would like to be able to use it just
>as actively under DragonFly (which is on a different slice). However,
>the command to mount the extfs4 partition fails with mount_extfs4 not
>existing (I guessed on the title that this format would have...)...

No. There is no such a "mount_extfs4" command, but the "mount_ext2fs".

>Can anybody tell me if a) extfs4 support is already built-in but
>perhaps I've identified it incorrectly ... say, with "mount -t extfs4
>da0sX /mntpoint" ... or b) what I can install to get such support?
>(...is Fuse the only option for me?)

Ext4 is not supported on DragonFlyBSD. But the "ext2fs" module and the "mount_ext2fs" well support ext3 in the read-only mode. Writing ext3 may be supported as well, but I don't remember correctly whether I tried that...

FUSE is still a work in progress at the moment. Also, I don't know how FUSE works with ext4.

Cheers,

--
Aaron