DragonFly bad performance with RIAK benchmark

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Sun Aug 16 04:01:12 PDT 2020

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 04:29:24PM +0200, Jávorszky Balázs wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thx for the tips, gonna check them. I myself doubt too that it's
> DragonFly or HAMMER2 :) My feeling is that erlang should be at least
> marginally faster on DragonFly/HAMMER2.
>
> A guestion regarding the latest erlang/elixir: have you seen these error
> messages? They are annoying but don't affect overall operation.
>
> ```
>
> 16:26:59.500 [error] Bad output fd in erts_poll()! fd=22,
> port=#Port<0.5>, driver=spawn, name=/usr/local/bin/git
>
> ```

No I did not recognize those on my system, but that does not mean that
they did not appear.

This is coming from erts/emulator/sys/common/erl_check_io.c line 1893,
function bad_fd_in_pollset(). Why is it spawning "git"??

If you have any "simple" benchmark that we can run on DragonFly which
exhibits the same performance degradation please let me know and I will
try to run it on my system.

Regards,

  Michael