Heads up - ABI breakage going into master

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Wed Sep 11 14:40:29 PDT 2019

Commits today, this evening, and tomorrow are going to break a few ABI's.
Since we're breaking one, we might as well fix the other little niggling
issues at the same time.

If you are on master, we recommend not updating until new binary packages
are available for it, which might not be until the weekend or possibly even
early next week.  If you decide to upgrade anyway, a full world and kernel
build is required.

Commits are still incoming, but by tomorrow afternoon they should all be
in.  I do not recommending rebuilding until at least tomorrow evening, or
later if you also need to update ports.