pkg upgrade error after system failure

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Sun Nov 10 21:10:14 PST 2019

A complete wipe and reinstall... ok, well, you may have to re-bootstrap the
packages.  If you are getting a certificate verification failure you may be
missing /etc/ssl/cert.pem or /usr/local/etc/ssl/cert.pem.

cd /usr
make pkg-bootstrap-force

Then see if the 'pkg' command works again by trying to install a few things.

I'm not sure if that will wipe the corrupt database.  If not you will have
to rm the database... Antonio, do you remember what files must be removed
to do that?

-Matt