Late commit to drm code fixes lockup - for 5.6 and master, and opie removal instructions for master

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Sat Jun 22 09:46:56 PDT 2019

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:46:06 -0700
Matthew Dillon <dillon at backplane.com> wrote:

> The unused function is because DDB isn't compiled into your kernel.  I
> will push a fix for that so DDB doesn't have to be compiled in.
> I'll see if I can reproduce the lockup issue with compton.
> Try going back to the default /usr/src/sys/config/X86_64_GENERIC kernel
> config and see if you still have the lockup problem.

Thank you for hints, Matt. And thanks for promptly fixing the problem with
"unused" function trap_is_smap(). :)

Indeed, you're right, I'm using custom kernel config. Basically, it's
GENERIC with removed all the entries that can be loaded from a module. And
of course, debugging stuff commented out, as you've mentioned. See attached
diff.

Nevertheless, I've first tried to put debugging stuff back to my custom
kernel, and then I've tried to compile and use GENERIC. But neither
approach solved the problem, the system still freezes when compton starts.
The only thing that helps, is reverting previously mentioned commit
536555a+.

--
						Daniel