radeon driver on Kabini

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Thu Jun 6 02:17:22 PDT 2019

Greetings to all drm experts. :)

I'm trying to run Dragonfly desktop on an AMD Kabini machine, but
radeonkms(4) kernel driver complains about some conflicts, radeon(4x)
driver fails to initialize and causes Xorg(1) to abort startup due to
SIGSEGV. See attached logs for details. Note that radeonkms(4) and
radeon(4x) errors are related, ie. they appear at the same time. I suspect
Xorg driver asks kernel to perform some operation which fails, it's not
properly handled in the caller and the result is segfault.

Any hints on where to look and what to adjust to make things work?

Thanks in advance.

--
						Daniel