Wired memory analysis

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Mon Jan 21 01:55:27 PST 2019

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 12:24:38 -0800
Matthew Dillon <dillon at backplane.com> wrote:

> Danial, Francois Tigeot just made a commit to master (not release yet)
> that fixes a probably wired memory leak in the drm (gpu) code.  It could
> very well be the cause of the excessive wired memory usage you have been
> reporting.  This fix will eventually go into -release but we have to test
> it first.  It's in master now.

Yes, it most likely fixes the issue. Because in the meantime I've bisected it
to commit 7ca4ece+ ("drm: Rename struct drm_gem_object.vm_obj to filp") which
introduced the bug for me.

I'll recompile the kernel to current master and report back if last
Francois' commit da43775+ (ie. the partial revert of the problem commit)
fixes the leak.

Thank you.

--
						Daniel