One ssh hangs on exit, the other doesn't

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Thu Dec 5 01:13:02 PST 2019

On Thursday, 5 December 2019 03.48.18 EST Harald Brinkhof wrote:
> Maybe some background processes keep running and prevent the X program from
> sitting down?
>
> http://www.snailbook.com/faq/background-jobs.auto.html

The examples at the top of that page don't make sense. If I start an xterm in
an ssh session, and log out of the ssh session with the xterm still running, I
expect ssh to keep running until I close the xterm. When I ssh into leopard,
my local mail server, and forward the mail ports, the ssh session hangs on
exit, because kmail still has the mail ports open.

When I shelled into zyxomma, I exited each program before logging out of ssh.
I don't understand why one ssh session closed and the other hung.

Pierre
--
loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji