One ssh hangs on exit, the other doesn't

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Wed Dec 4 02:08:42 PST 2019

I just added some text to the DocBook file of PerfectTIN, which is compiled by
pandoc to PDF. Because the pandoc on my Linux box is older than that on my
DragonFly box, I have to build it on DragonFly. So I typed "ssh -X zyxomma" in
two konsoles, then entered the source tree in one and ran kwrite, and entered
the build tree in the other and ran okular.

After over an hour of typing and making, I closed kwrite and okular and hit
control-D in both ssh sessions. The one that was running kwrite closed and
returned me to the Linux prompt; the one that was running okular hung, and I
had to kill it. Why?

Pierre
--
Por H o por B, los campos magnéticos se difieren dentro de un imán.