DragonFlyBSD Project Update - colo upgrade, future trends

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Mon Aug 5 05:32:26 PDT 2019

Roy Marples wrote in <ae3ff258-5840-bad6-9b63-a9e29f3e957c at marples.name>:
 |On 03/08/2019 21:18, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in <20190802152331.Xpizj%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:

 |>|
 |>|It really has only one (Mailman 2 at least).  Different to mlmmj
 |>|it never crashed here, it can MIME, subscribers can use the web
 |>|interface they are used to (that must be said, i think noone
 |>|actually subscribed via email!).
 |>|
 |>|But you are actually using Fossil, and for quite some years even.
 |>|May i ask how does mlmmj come into play with Fossil?
 |>
 |> You do not seem to host and use Fossil no more, actually.
 |> I did not know that.  Or if, i had forgotten.
 |
 |I've not used Fossil for my projects for a number of years now.
 |I listed a whole variety of reasons why it's actually a bad choice for
 |open source projects here:
 |https://roy.marples.name/blog/goodbye-fossil

Thanks for the pointer.  Interesting read (a bit hard to grasp due
to missing knowledge on Fossil).  My memory said "Bazaar and
Cathedral", not the other way around, but it's monday.

One correction to myself.  AlpineLinux switched to Sourcehut, not
to sr.ht.  Maybe of interest for you, if "not social" was such
a major criticism of yours regrading Fossil.  (Not that i know
that better, but Natanael Copa of AlpineLinux sounded rather
enthusiastic.)

--steffen