Restoring a PFS from a backup

Aleksej Lebedev root at zta.lk
Mon Oct 29 07:42:11 PDT 2018

On 2018-10-29 15:12, Tim Darby wrote:

> This is an issue I've reported:
> http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2915
>
> My way around this is to create the new master and use cpdup to copy
> the PFS slave to it.
>
> Tim

Hi, Tim.

Thanks for your reply.
Your problem does look similar to mine. But I now think it might not be
a bug: latest transactions might not be commited.
Reading through the manual once more I noticed there is a command
"hammer synctid" which syncs the PFS and gives you the TID that you
might use to check that mirror-copy/stream reached it.

I will experiment with it a bit more and let you know if the problem
resolves.

--
Aleksej Lebedev