Intel Pro 1000 (em0) - sched_ithd: stray interrupt 22 on cpuX

Jacek 'Szumak' Kotlarski szumak at virthost.pl
Fri Nov 2 05:05:44 PDT 2018

On 10/31/18 2:18 AM, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> Looks like em0's interrupts are broadcasted to all CPUs.  Please add
> following to /boot/loader.conf:
> dev.em.0.msi.enable=1
> Hopefully it should fix your issue.  Though there is an erratum for
> enabling MSI on 82571, it should work for normal use.

Thanks for your advice.
In the end, I gave up for lack of time.

FreeBSD 11.2 runs stable on my platform.

> What do you mean by "stops responding for several dozen seconds in the
> loop"?  Do you mean polling does not work?  Or something else?

The system started correctly, then it freezes for ~ 30-60 seconds (I did
not measure) - no response from the network and console, then from ~ 10
seconds it started to work properly and went into a frozen state again.
Over and over again.

greetings,
--
Jacek Kotlarski