KDE 5

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:13:23 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 9:08 PM John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> On 5/28/2018 08:35, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 May 2018 12:12:37 -0500, you wrote:
> >

> >> Just about every KDE5 except the top-level x11/kde5 metaport has been in
> >> dports for a few weeks already.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply and your work on dports
> >

> To follow up, the full KDE5 is blocked by security/plasma5-kscreenlocker
> which has a hard dependency on the wayland QT5 support which currently
> DragonFly does not have.
>
> Our wayland port appeared before the FreeBSD ports version and has not
> been updated.  Somebody needs to get FreeBSD and DragonFly wayland
> support together so we can remove our custom port and get all this
> wayland stuff working.
>
> I'm not going to take this is, so .... volunteers?

The build log of security/plasma5-kscreenlocker looks as if it fails
because x11/kf5-kwayland fails. The latter fails because of

"error: undefined reference to 'wl_event_loop_get_fd'"

i.e. our wayland dport does not implement the function
'wl_event_loop_get_fd'. It's not easy to implement it using libevent2
which we are using to replace epoll in wayland's event loop.

There's a quick and dirty hack to fix this if make
wl_event_loop_get_fd a dummy in our wayland dport, that would unblock
the build. I don't think anyone will be using kde5 with wayland anyway
at the moment. As for weston, our only other official consumer of
wayland, it does not use wl_event_loop_get_fd. So the hack does not
seem to cause much trouble in short term. I can make a deltaports pull
request if you think it's a good idea.

In the longer term we should get our wayland fixed and we can discuss
what's the best way to do it.

Cheers

Peeter