Dual booting questions

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Thu Jan 25 16:18:40 PST 2018

I just got my new laptop. It has two drives, a 250 GB SSD for the OS and a 2
TB HDD for files that I don't access as often. It comes with Linux; I'm
thinking of leaving some space for DragonFly. My current laptop has an
encrypted LVM volume group consisting of one physical volume, containing
several logical volumes; I'm thinking of setting the HDD up that way.

*Can I use an encrypted LVM VG that way in DragonFly? Can the PV be an
unpartitioned slice?

*What filesystem should I use for data that both OSes can read and write? The
Linux slice on the SSD is ext4.

Pierre
--
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.