web root directory

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 19:45:55 PST 2018

Hi,

I am migrating an old PmWiki instance to DragonFly 5.4.1 host to which I
came by regular upgrades circa 3.6 release. I am mentioning this since I
am still using HAMMER1.

dfly# mount
ROOT on / (hammer, noatime, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, nosymfollow, local)
/dev/serno/B620550018.s1a on /boot (ufs, local)
/pfs/@@-1:00001 on /var (null, local)
/pfs/@@-1:00002 on /tmp (null, local)
/pfs/@@-1:00003 on /home (null, local)
/pfs/@@-1:00004 on /usr/obj (null, local)
/pfs/@@-1:00005 on /var/crash (null, local)
/pfs/@@-1:00006 on /var/tmp (null, local)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
BACKUP on /data (hammer, noatime, local)
MIRROR on /mirror (hammer, noatime, local)
/data/pfs/@@-1:00001 on /data/backups (null, local)
/data/pfs/@@-1:00002 on /data/nfs (null, NFS exported, local)

What is the recommended location for a web root directory? Namely by
default the location is

/usr/local/www/pmwiki

However only /usr/obj directory is snapshoted and obviously /usr is not
mirrored. Should I create a separate PFS /usr/local/www/mywebsite and
take more frequent snapshots as well mirror it. What do people do around
here when they run a website?

I am using high quality SSD drive for OS while /data and mirror drives
are good but oldish  platter drives.

Cheers,
Predrag