rcrun onestart failed

Uwe Münzberg uwe.muenzberg at arcor.de
Tue Dec 18 01:37:09 PST 2018

I figured out the reason.

/etc/rc sources /etc/rc.subr and then calls run_rc_script for each file in /etc/rc.d. These script sources rc.subr and call dummy_rc_command for startup. dummy_rc_command calls set_provide_list, but $provide_list is empty. The reason is that rc.subr is execute only one time. If I commented out lines 46-48 it is called every time also if a script from /etc/rc.d is loaded by run_rc_script and the $provide_list is correct.

After reboot rcone works like expected.

Uwe