Ravenports, what's missing for you?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Aug 24 08:45:51 PDT 2018

On 8/24/2018 10:14, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 1:52 PM Uwe Muenzberg <uwe.muenzberg at arcor.de> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have followed instructions from quickstart guide for df
>
> https://github.com/jrmarino/Ravenports/wiki/quickstart-df
>
> but some packages failed to build and they just stop.  I have tried
> buiding ImageMagick, ghostscript and lumina desktop but am not quite
> there yet.  I also tried gnuplot but it also fails.  I will patiently
> await/try again to get it going.

Well, it works so nothing is going to change.
Perhaps if you filed an issue at
https://github.com/jrmarino/ravensource/issues with more information
that "it fails" you could get some additional help.

> As for the wishlist, can you please add if they are not there respectively
>
> mplayer
> vlc
> openjdk
> icedtea-web

At this point, people are editing the wishlist directly at
https://github.com/jrmarino/Ravenports/wiki/Wishlist although I'd say
there's been some abuse of that.  It was supposed to be a
triage/priority list for me, but it's quickly becoming "everything
freebsd port collection has" and metaports that represent hundreds of
packages, so it's starting to lose its usefulness.

John