pkg update && pkg uprade -y segmentation fault

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 10:02:14 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear DflyBSDusers,
>
> I was able to update the machine as the school has finally fixed the
> connection troubles.  However, now when I try to update the pkgs, I
> get error:
>
> eightcoreF104# uname -a
> DragonFly eightcoreF104 4.8-RELEASE DragonFly v4.8.1.6.ga90fa-RELEASE
> #0: Thu Sep  7 10:55:25 CDT 2017
> root at eightcoreF104:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/X86_64_GENERIC  x86_64
> eightcoreF104# pkg update
> Updating Synth repository catalogue...
> Synth repository is up to date.
> Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
> Avalon repository is up to date.
> All repositories are up to date.
> eightcoreF104# pkg upgrade -fy
> Updating Synth repository catalogue...
> Synth repository is up to date.
> Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
> Avalon repository is up to date.
> All repositories are up to date.
> Checking for upgrades (476 candidates): 100%
> Processing candidates (476 candidates): 100%
> Child process pid=1471 terminated abnormally: Segmentation fault
> eightcoreF104#
>
> Thanks,
>

> Antonio

Dear folks,

It seems that the problem is solved.  I ran pkg clean command and now
there are no more updates.

The SSH server on remote_host must allow pub key authentication.

Any bug reports should be addressed to the maintainers at:
        gecko at FreeBSD.org
You may also Cc: freebsd-ports at FreeBSD.org. Please do not send
bug reports to any other addresses.

Please include the following information with any bug report:
* Output from 'uname -a'.
* Output from 'ident /usr/ports/www/firefox/Makefile'
* Where/when did the problem occur: configuring, building, or
        running firefox
* How can you reproduce the problem?

Thank you for your help in testing and reporting bugs, and we hope you
enjoy using Firefox.
The Maintainers (gecko@)
Message from cdrtools-3.01_1:

Note: The location of the cdrtools `defaults' files has been set to

        /usr/local/etc

This is the FreeBSD ports standard config file location, NOT the cdrtools
standard location, which is /etc/default.

The reason for this is that FreeBSD ports and packages should not use
configuration files outside of /usr/local.

eightcoreF104# pkg update
Updating Synth repository catalogue...
Synth repository is up to date.
Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
Avalon repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
eightcoreF104# pkg upgrade
Updating Synth repository catalogue...
Synth repository is up to date.
Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
Avalon repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking for upgrades (127 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (127 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.
#0: Thu Sep  7 10:55:25 CDT 2017
root at eightcoreF104:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/X86_64_GENERIC  x86_64
eightcoreF104#

What I am wondering is that I have 4.8.1.6.ga90fa-RELEASE vs 4.8.1-RELEASE?
One machine down, one more to go.

Thanks,

Antonio