Can rsync be configures for daily snapshots

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sat Sep 30 20:25:04 PDT 2017

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 6:14:36 AM EDT Siju George wrote:
> OK let me clarify :-)
>
> Suppose I download a snapshot image-Monday 2.x GB
> And I want to download a snapshot image-Thursday 2.x GB
>
> I was requesting for a method to just copy the difference between the files
> I am sorry rsync was not the right choice :-(

If the image is compressed with the gzip used by rsyncrypto, you can copy the
old image to the new name, then rsync that file, and it will transfer just the
differences. To get it, install the gzip package. /usr/bin/gzip does not know
the --rsyncable option, but /usr/local/bin/gzip does.

Pierre
--
gau do li'i co'e kei do