How to shrink a HAMMER partition without data loss?

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Wed Sep 27 04:32:58 PDT 2017

Hi DFlyers,

I'm running DragonFlyBSD on a VPS, with partition scheme of boot(UFS) +
swap + root(HAMMER) (all these 3 partitions are located in a BSD slice).

I want to shrink the root partition (HAMMER filesystem) in order to make
room for a bigger dump partition (*), as well as for other tests.  How
can I achieve this without data loss?

(*) The VPS has 512MB RAM, and I configured 1GB swap partition (LUKS
encrypted), which is also set to be the dump device; but the system
complains the partition is too small to dump...

Cheers,
--
Aly