DragonFly 5.0 released!

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:31:01 PDT 2017

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:05:22 +0200, you wrote:

>The vesa driver is said to work fine.

Which it may well for some people.

But for many other it doesn't.

For example, it doesn't for me - the vesa modes don't support the
native resolution of my monitor based on prior experiences.

>A couple posts ago there were an argument made that if someone ELSE
>ported Nouveau from linux, than magically those with Nvidia gfx chips
>suddenly will become contributors.

It would be nice if you didn't change what I said.

What I said was a welcoming, respectful, helpful community is more
likely to attract or encourage someone to join the community and
contribute in some way.

Nowhere in that does it indicate or say that a Nouveau driver would
create contributors from NVIDIA hardware owners.

On the other hand a community that is rude and disrespectful merely
encourages people to go elsewhere.