pkg: http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:4.8:x86:64/LATEST/All/pango-1.40.4.txz: Forbidden

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue May 16 10:51:36 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:36 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there another mirror? or another way to get the updates?
> Maybe I will have to update via source?
> If that is blocked as well, then I am in trouble.

There's a list of mirrors on the DragonFly website - any of the ones
listing binary ports:

https://www.dragonflybsd.org/mirrors/

You can add the download link into pkg.conf and have pkg pull from
there.  I don't know what keywords is making your company block
traffic, so I can't tell what's making it not work.  Talk to your
company's computer staff and find out why this is blocked; it seems
accidental.  If they remove the block, you can get back to normal
operation immediately.

The alternative is building from source - go to /usr/ and type 'make'
to see options for downloading dports - described at the end of this
page:

https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToDPorts/

Or run synth to build everything:

https://github.com/jrmarino/synth