[Bug #3032] IPFW3: memory leakage? objcache(xxx): Exhausted!

Aaron LI aaronly.me at outlook.com
Thu May 4 18:43:32 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 01:16, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Aaron LI <aaronly.me at outlook.com> wrote:
>> Dear Bill,
>>
>> I'm running into problems with the IPFW3, which seems to cause memory
>> leakages and lead to the "objcache(xxx): Exhausted!" warning, and
>> finally the system became unresponsive and need reset.
>>
>> On the same VPS with IPFW3 disabled, it runs rather smoothly (already a
>> week now since last reset); as for my other machine at home, it had very
>> good uptime (>100 days).
>>
>> Therefore, could you please have a look at my bug report #3032 (detailed
>> as below) when it is convenient for you?  Thanks!

>> On the other hand, any other Dflyers ever came across such problems?
>
> Since you are not using NAT etc, could you try ipfw?

Hi sephe,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't use NAT, and I will try out the
IPFW, and will report back.

One reason for my choice of IPFW3 over IPFW, is that IPFW3 supports
*lookup table* which makes it easier to work well with Fail2ban.

On the other hand, I'm also planning to try PF, which I think also
supports the lookup table feature (??).

Cheers,
--
Aly