DragonFlyBSD 4.8 released!

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Mar 28 13:00:41 PDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:43:53AM +0200, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
> Cool, will be downloading and checking...
> Keep with the great effort...
>
> Thx, /PA
>
> PS BTW, does it support NVidia Optimus cards OOB?

Unfortunately, there is currently no support for NVidia hardware.

Peeter Must has started to port the Linux vga_switcheroo module in order
to switch the active GPU on dual-GPUs machines but this currently only
works on his machine (a circa 2008 Macbook if I'm not mistaken).

Getting GPU switching to work reliably on most machines will be a difficult
task but not an impossible one.
Feel free to drop by #dragonflybsd at efnet and have a chat with the
developers if you think you can help :-)

--
Francois Tigeot