Trying to multiboot with FreeBSD

Bryan C. Everly bryan at bceassociates.com
Fri Jun 30 06:09:39 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 8:56 AM, karu.pruun <karu.pruun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to be sure that you removed 'i915_load="YES"' from
> /boot/loader.conf --- last time I checked it led to a crash; that's
> another reason not to put it there but include at a later stage, i.e.
> put in /etc/rc.conf.
>
> Not sure but may be that the wrong fb settings lead to crash if the
> system tries to write to 0. Need to check the code.
>
> You might want to forward to the list.
>
> Peeter
>
> --

Peeter,

I verified that I get the same behavior with the i915_load="YES" in
both /etc/rc.local and /boot/loader.conf - the crash that I only see
when I set mode=0 (800x600 resolution).  It is likely that it is
crashing in the other default mode but I can't really confirm that
because the display is diagonally corrupted at the top of the screen.

Thanks