RAID cards for Dragonfly (experiences)

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Jun 24 09:45:58 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 02:03:55PM +0300, PeerCorps Trust Fund wrote:

> I thought I would ask in this space if anyone would be willing to share any recent experiences with newer supported RAID cards or HBA's under Dragonfly? Setups, performance numbers with HAMMERfs would be very nice to hear about.

I believe any recent Areca or LSI adapter should work.

I have run DragonFly on LSI 9260, 9271 and 9341 or 9361 LSI adapters
during the last year with no problem whatsoever.

I didn't record performance numbers but I recall one of the setups was able
to sustain tens of thousands of file operations per second.
It was running a deduplication-enabled HAMMER filesystem on a RAID 10 of SSDs.

--
Francois Tigeot