State of Rust on DragonFly

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Jun 27 23:49:10 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am working on getting Rust 1.18.0 into the ports. There was an issue
with errors happening in parallel builds triggered by cargo (Rust's
package manager also used to build Rust itself). By disabling parallel
builds I were able to successfully bootstrap Rust 1.18.0 from 1.17.0.

I need to produce dependency-free versions of cargo before I can work on
integrating everything into the ports tree.

All scripts to bootstrap can be found on [1]. To build Rust 1.18.0, just
run "sh build-1.18.0.sh /working/directory/for/build". Because of the
version of cargo I am currently using, this might only work if you have
the same version of DragonFly (I am working on a statically linked
version of cargo).

I will keep you updated on the progress. And sorry for the delay. I just
found the issue with cargo two days ago. This issue blocked all my
further efforts.

Regards,

  Michael

[1]: https://github.com/mneumann/dragonfly-rust-bootstrap