DragonFly BSD on cheap 32 gb emmc

am_dxer at fastmail.fm am_dxer at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 12 09:08:07 PDT 2017

Hello,
I have a cheap fanless laptop that I take out in the field with me with
a 32 gb emmc and I am preparing to convert that to DragonFly. In doing
some preliminary research on hammer on ssd I found this mail.
https://www.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2011-05/msg00043.html
Since this post is a bit old, I just wanted to make sure that the advice
in that mail was still relevant, specifically regarding disabling
recopying and also switching reblocking to spend 1 minute every 5 days.
I am not really worried about running out of space because I will likely
only store text files for my research besides the operating system.
Thanks in advance.